Thursday, March 5, 2015

Groups- Expanding ideas


Today I got an opportunity to meet with a group and we discussed our ideas and gave feedback. Since I decided on making my new fictional film a thriller I told them my ideas and after we discussed the pros and cons of each idea I choose the topic of the film to be about a kidnapping. Because the opening can only be two minutes I am going to write out a script and create a story board.

I want the film opening to be captivating so it'll begin by establishing the setting of the the dark, messy house until the camera stops at a small figure huddled in a corner of one of the rooms. While this is happening police sirens will be heard getting louder and louder until the screen goes dark and a news report can be heard, discussing that the main character who had gone missing has now been found. The credits will be shown while the setting is being shown and the title of the film will appear when the screen gets dark right before the newscast begins.

I used the opening of the film, Children of Men, for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment