Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Beginning


Since watching the trailer for the film The Disappearance of Alice Creed gave me an idea for how to start I began to plan out the film opening.  Because I'm doing a film on a kidnapping, I'll begin the film opening with the ransom video. I'll most likely be filming this in my garage because of the dim lighting and the cement floor. What I envision is to have a camera on a tripod put in the middle of the garage with a chair in front of it where the actress will sit. As the opening credits are displayed I'll be showing the scenario by zooming into details, like the tarp on the floor or her shaking hands. Then when the actual ransom video begins it'll be shown from the camera set up on the tripod. I'll begin filming next week and my friend will be playing the main character. The filming will be done on my iPhone camera and I am going to use iMovie to edit and put the short film together.

I think that starting with the ransom video will engage the audience because it'll begin in a captivating way. The audience will be curious as to who the girl is and if she will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment